New Year's is my favorite holiday.
Even though I will likely ring in the new year on my couch binge watching Lady Dynamite, it's not the parties that get me excited. Actually, I have had very few fun NYE's and typically find them kind of disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I like a little drunken debauchery as much as the next guy, but there's something about starting a new year hung-over that's actually kind of depressing.
What I like is the time of reflection paired with the renewed sense that I can do better, be better.
I believe in self-improvement. I believe in goals. I believe in creating the life that you want. And a new year is a great excuse to think about what I have done and what I plan to do.
A because I love reading other people's list (a frequently steal from them to add to my own), I'll include mine, which is a little all over the place:
- Shoot a roll of film every month
- Attend a networking event every month.
- Redefine the idea of "networking" so it doesn't make me cringe.
- Complete another Whole30
- Gossip less.
- Read more.
- Move my body more (dance, yoga, maybe running)
- Only buy used or ethically produced clothing.
- Do a better job teaching my kids about science.
- Make-out with Tom more.
Bonus Resolution: Create another set of resolutions at the beginning of each season because, why not?